Friday, February 15, 2008

AI season 7

I just finished watching American Idol season 7 in Youtube, specifically the audition of Ramiel Malubay and the announcement of top 24 finalists.

Wow!!! another Filipina made it to the top 24. Isn’t that great? Of course it is.

I watched the recent Pinoy Big Brother celebrity edition religiously and made my forecast on who will end up in the Big 4 and I was right for picking Will Devaugh, Gaby Dela Merced, Riza Santos who was my favorite among housemates and Ruben Gonzaga who I expected to be the big winner.

Since season 1, I only watch American Idol on its latter part to witness the final winner. But this time, I plan to watch the season 7 of American Idol from start to finish especially that a Filipina is part of the 24 finalists.

Ramiel Malubay is petite with powerful voice. She made the right choice of song when she auditioned and rendered it perfectly in her own style. She was sincerely smiling and humbly thanked the judges after stating their compliments about her physical feature and talent.

I know it’s too early to reveal my forecast but I have a strong feeling that Ramiel will make it to as far as top 5. I won’t ambitiously say she will be the final winner and the first Filipina American Idol but with evident and distinctive talent that she has, why not?

No comments: