Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Friend's predicament

Yesterday (Monday) was still my off. I woke up 5:30 am and prepared breakfast for my kids, the usual, hotdog and egg. CJ was off to school at 7am while Acey was fetched by the service at exactly 9.30am.

I chatted online with my friend Josielyn. I practiced active listening while she tell me her domestic problem, at the same time, giving her pieces of advise. Her son is picky and hard to feed, this has been an ongoing problem for years. If I am not mistaken the boy is underweight. He experienced dizziness and almost fainting. There are 3 doctors studying his condition and unanimously diagnosed the boy with vertigo.

According to Wikipedia, Vertigo, a specific type of dizziness, is a major symptom of a balance disorder. It is the sensation of spinning or swaying while the body is stationary with respect to the earth or surroundings. There are different types of Vertigo which you can find in the internet. I do not want to use this space to discuss everything about vertigo, my apology.

My friend is spending 1400 a day for antibiotic alone and they're not member of any HMO like Medicard or Maxicare.

I remember when my father told me that his priority in life is HEALTH and I agreed. Health is Wealth and I always tell my friends I'd rather NOT have millions as long as members of my family are free from sickness or illness of some sort.

Going back to Josielyn, we also discussed issues with her husband. Funny is, I've had the same issue with my hubby in the past, No, it's not about third party, well Yes, sex is involved but for me the main issue here is COMMUNICATION. The wife is trying so hard to figure out the problem while the husband is evading discussion.

The only advise I gave my friend based on my experience is, NEVER discuss any issue in a confrontational way, find a perfect timing. DON'T ever act like you know everything, men hate it. Most importantly, Love your husband the way he is. Appreciate his qualities and accept his imperfections.

At the end of the day, I realized that couple will always experienced conflicts as they discover their differences but it's how you accept each other imperfections with patience and understanding. Afterall, in a relationship, it takes two to tango.

No comments: